Spirit of Excellence Awards
The Lake Park Educational Foundation established the Spirit of Excellence Awards to support and recognize the accomplishments of Lake Park students, staff, and alumni. Recognizing leadership, excellence and achievement, this is one of the most exciting events of the year! Held each April, the dinner honors Lake Park distinguished alumni, staff, and senior students who demonstrate excellence.Nominations for the 2022 Spirit of Excellence Awards are now closed. We will be accepting Distinguished Alumni Nominations for the 2023 Spirit of Excellence Awards, which will be celebrated in April 2023. Please fill out the Distinguished Alumni Nomination form to nominate an alumni.Nominations for the 2023 awards for Staff and Students will be available in Fall 2022. Nominations may be made by students (current or former), parents, community members, or teachers/staff members (current or former).
Students recognized with this award have demonstrated service, extraordinary effort, achievement, and leadership throughout their high school career. These qualities are more than earning excellent grades or taking advanced classes. Students from all walks of life who have made lasting impacts within the Lake Park Community should be nominated. This award is open to all graduating senior students.
The staff awards are broken down into 5 different categories and are open to any Lake Park staff member, group of staff or department. The focus of these awards are on an outstanding activity/project/initiative.
The 5 staff award categories are:
- Lancer Spirit Award - positive school spirit and culture
- Lancer Connection Award - developing strong relationships and a commitment to students, staff, community
- Lancer Innovator Award - experiment with progressive instruction or pioneer new ways of improving the work-life at Lake Park
- Lancer Humanitarian Award - show compassion, raise awareness, or lead campaigns
- Lancer Legacy Award - special recognition of the employee who has made a lasting impact on Lake Park through his/her commitment to teaching, a program he/she is involved in, or area of expertise (must have been at Lake Park a minimum of 5 years)