2020 Spirit of Excellence
The 2020 Spirit of Excellence Awards
The Lake Park High School Educational Foundation established the Spirit of Excellence award program to honor excellence at Lake Park High School.
Twenty-seven seniors were recognized for their service, extraordinary effort, achievement and leadership throughout their high school years. These students were selected because they possess qualities for other students to emulate and have achieved special accomplishments in addition to their academic success while at Lake Park.
The following seniors received the Lake Park Spirit of Excellence Award: David Anderson, Demi Apostolakos, Chad Berkich, Simran Bhagat, Breeana Contreras, Joey Czaja, Alex De Simone, Joshua Falco, Abbey Frank, Lindsey Garcia, Meagan Gonzalez, Aneesa Goyal, Dylan Hunn, Yomna Ibrahim, Shana Jose, Gracie Jurgensen, Isabelle Kuril, Leah Ludwig, Frank Maturo, Anishi Patel, Isabelle Pradeep, Angelina Saathoff, Haifa Sahouri, Amanda Samaras, Riley Spoczynski, Jennifer Vazquez, and Isabella Vitacco
The eight Lake Park staff mebers receiving this year's Spirit of Excellence Award:
The two Lake Park Distinguished Alumni receiving this year’s Spirit of Excellence Award:
- Connection Award: Jennifer McSweeny
- Humanitarian Award: Darcie Murray
- Innovator Award: Pia Laudadio and Julie Bausch
- Legacy Award: Dan Colucci and Kristin Harrington
- Spirit Award: Tracy Fink and Jeff Henrikson
- Veronica Dillard (Class of 2002)
- Robin Kittleson (Class of 1986)
The 2021 Spirit of Excellence Awards - Nominations will be available in fall 2020
The 2021 nomination forms will be available in the fall of 2020 for staff and students. The nomination forms will be due in January 2021
Students recognized with this award have demonstrated service, extraordinary effort, achievement, and leadership throughout their high school career. These qualities are more than earning excellent grades or taking advanced classes. Students from all walks of life who have made lasting impacts within the Lake Park Community should be nominated. This award is open to all graduating senior students.
The staff awards are broken down into 5 different categories and are open to any Lake Park staff member, group of staff or department. The focus of these awards are on an outstanding activity/project/initiative.
The 5 staff award categories are:
- Lancer Spirit Award - positive school spirit and culture
- Lancer Connection Award - developing strong relationships and a commitment to students, staff, community
- Lancer Innovator Award - experiment with progressive instruction or pioneer new ways of improving the work-life at Lake Park
- Lancer Humanitarian Award - show compassion, raise awareness, or lead campaigns
- Lancer Legacy Award - special recognition of the employee who has made a lasting impact on Lake Park through his/her commitment to teaching, a program he/she is involved in, or area of expertise (must have been at Lake Park a minimum of 5 years)