Lake Park High School District 108 provides free and appropriate educational services for special education students who are residents of the District and between the ages of 14 and 21. The Lake Park High School Special Education Department is committed to providing a comprehensive education to all identified students. Lake Park offers a continuum of services and programming for eligible students.It is the intent of the District that no individual, solely by reason of his/her disability, should be excluded from participating in any Lake Park program or activity. Anyone having knowledge of instances of discrimination should contact the District office.
Provide student-centered instruction and support to exceptional learners that:
- Fosters the development of self-advocacy skills
- Promotes the highest level of independence
- Encourages lifelong learning
Exceptional learners will acquire the skills and knowledge to be productive and valued members of society.
On behalf of exceptional learners, Lake Park High School staff will:
View additional information regarding Special Education services and programs.Contact:Kim Murphy, Director of Special EducationChris Benak, Curriculum LeaderLinks:
- Instill a value of lifelong learning
- Create student-centered opportunities within the school environment
- Individualize instruction and services to meet diverse needs
- Guide students in developing post-secondary goals
- Build rapport and authentic relationships with students and families
- Foster social-emotional skill development
- Provide students with equal access to instruction