Lake Park Community High School District 108 prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. The District complies with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) and its implementing regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 106) concerning everyone in the District’s educational programs and activities, including applicants for employment, students, parents/guardians, employees, and third parties.
Sexual harassment as defined in Title IX is prohibited. Any person, including a District employee or agent, or student, engages in Title IX Sexual Harassment whenever that person engages in conduct on the basis of an individual's sex that satisfies one or more the of the following:
- A district employee conditions the provision of an aide, benefit, or service on an individual’s participation in unwelcome sexual conduct; or
- Unwelcome conduct determined by a reasonable person to be so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to the District’s educational program or activity; or
- Sexual assault as defined in 20 U.S.C. §1092(f)(6)(A)(v), dating violence as defined in 34 U.S.C. §12291(a)(10), domestic violence as defined in 34 U.S.C. §12291(a)(8), or stalking as defined in 34 U.S.C. §12291(a) (30).
Relevant Board Policies
- 2:260, Uniform Grievance Procedure
- 2:265, Title IX Sexual Harassment Grievance Procedure
- 5:10, Equal Employment Opportunity and Minority Recruitment
- 5:20, Workplace Harassment Prohibited
- 5:100, Staff Development Program
- 6:40, Curriculum Development
- 7:10, Equal Educational Opportunities
- 7:20, Harassment of Students Prohibited
- 7:180, Prevention of and Response to bullying, Intimidation, and Harassment
- 7:185, Teen Dating Violence Prohibited
- 8:80, Gifts to the District
- 8:90, Parent Organizations and Booster Clubs
Making a Title IX Complaint
Any staff member, student, or community member who is subject to sexual harassment or suspects someone else is subject to sexual harassment should contact the Title IX Coordinator at (630) 529-3029 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the allegations. If the individual subject to the harassment or who suspects harassment is uncomfortable contacting the Title IX Coordinator, they should contact an administrator or staff member with whom they feel comfortable speaking. When this occurs, the staff members receiving the allegations should immediately contact the Title IX Coordinator. Staff members must remember that the Title IX Coordinator determines whether allegations qualify under Title IX and initiates all Title IX investigations.
Individuals Involved in the Title IX Process
Title IX Coordinator
These individual bears responsibility for District Title IX compliance, oversight of the investigation of complaints, and follow through on any remedies required based upon any determination of responsibility notices issued.
Dr. Jessica M. Foster
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services
590 S. Medinah Rd.
Roselle, IL 60172
600 S. Medinah Rd.
Roselle, IL 60172
500 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
Roselle, IL 60172
This is the individual who is alleged to be the victim of alleged sex-based misconduct.
This is the individual who is alleged to be the perpetrator of the alleged sex-based misconduct.
This individual is assigned by the Title IX Coordinator on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the circumstances, this may be an Associate or Assistant Principal or a Dean.
Initial Decision Maker
This individual is assigned by the Title IX Coordinator on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the circumstances, this may be an Associate or Assistant Principal or an Associate or Assistant Superintendent.
Appeals Decision Maker
This individual is assigned by the Title IX Coordinator on a case-by-case basis. This individual may be the Principal, an Associate or Assistant Superintendent which may include the Title IX Coordinator, or the Superintendent.
Filing a Title IX Complaint
Individuals who are the victims of sexual harassment or who suspect that someone else is the victim of sexual harassment should contact the Title IX Coordinator at (630) 529-3029 or email@example.com to initiate the complaint process.
Title IX Investigation Process
- A Complainant brings forward allegations of potential misconduct to the Title IX Coordinator.
- The Title IX Coordinator meets with the complainant, offers supportive measures, and discusses options for filing a formal complaint1.
- Once a formal complaint is filed, the Title IX Coordinator will assign an investigator to conduct the investigation2.
- During the investigation, the Complainant and Respondent will have an opportunity to present evidence relevant to the allegations.
- After the investigation concludes, the Investigator will provide the Complainant and Respondent with a copy of the investigation report and provide details about how each party can submit a response to the report.
Determination of Responsibility
- The Title IX Coordinator will assign an initial decision maker to review the allegations, evidence, and investigation report.
- The Initial Decision Maker will provide the complainant and the respondent with an opportunity to submit written questions about the contents of the report.
- After following up on the details of any questions submitted, the Initial Decision Maker will provide the Complainant and Respondent with answers to the questions.
- After a complete review of all the relevant information and documents, the Decision Maker will issue a Notice of Determination of Responsibility to both Parties which will include information about the appeals process.
- The Complainant and Respondent may submit an appeal to the Title IX Coordinator after receiving the Notice of Determination.
- The Title IX Coordinator will assign an appeals decision maker to review the appeal, allegations, evidence, investigation report, and the Notice of Determination of Responsibility.
- The Appeals Decision Maker will make a final determination and issue a final determination letter to both parties.
Title IX Training
August 7, 2023
September 16, 2022
November 10, 2021
November 12, 2020
October 8, 2020
District and Building Administration
Student Services East and West Campuses