Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Presentation for March 2021 College 101 Event
- LPHS Guide to College Planning For Students With Disabilities 2021
- Overview of College Resources for Students with Disabilities from BestColleges.com
- College Decision Worksheet for Students with Disabilities (View Only)
- College Decision Worksheet for Students with Disabilities (Option to make a copy)
The Choices website is a wealth of information on post-secondary planning for students with disabilities and their families. Each fall, a regional post-secondary planning night is held for students with learning differences/disabilities/special needs who are college bound.
- The Choice Fair 2021 will be held virtually on October 26, 2021. More details will be posted as they are availble.
The Options Fair was established to offer students with special needs and their families an opportunity to meet with colleges and universities as well as agencies that can provide services after high school.
- The Options Fair 2021 will be held virtually on October 6, 2021 from 6-8pm
Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Support
Any person, at any age, with a disability or suspected disability, can contact IDHS for educational and/or career support. As part of the applicable programming, high school students may be eligible to receive funding assistance for postsecondary education at technical/trade schools and 2 year and 4 year colleges/universities. The forms below provide additional information regarding this process and it is recommended that all inquiries be directed to:Ms. Michele L. Cave, M.S.
Senior Rehabilitation Counselor
VR Transition, District 620
2901 Finley Rd., Suite #109
Downers Grove, IL 60515Michele.Cave@illinois.gov(630) 495-0500 main
(630) 495-0719 direct
(630) 495-4841 fax