The rules/procedures below apply to the use of the school's computer laboratories. The rules/procedures are in addition to those contained in the Lake Park Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Students may converse with each other about current computer projects. When conversing, students may use no more than a two-foot voice level.
- Food, candy, gum, and beverages may not be consumed in the lab.
- Cosmetics may not be applied in the lab.
- Workstation area must be cleared of all student materials and refuse at the end of the work period.
- Academic use of the comptuers takes priority over non-academic use.
- Restarting the computer, turning it off, logging off, and/or closing windows as a lab aide or teacher approaches is inappropriate.
Students not with a teacher must:
- have a Lake Park ID
- sign in
- use only the computer the lab aide assigns to them
The following priorities will be used in assigning workstations:
- Students working on assignments directly related to a class.
- Non-class specific computing. Students involved in non-class specific computing will be asked to relinquish their assigned workstation if it is needed by a class or a student working on a class assignment.
- Students may print ONLY class-related items.
- If in doubt, the student must check with the lab aide or teacher. Students must have permission before printing large print jobs.