Lake Park High School implements the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, which provides students who are identified as homeless with certain support services to assist them with their educational success.
Under the definition in the law, the term “homeless” includes individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, this may include children or youth who are:
- Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing or economic hardship
- Living in a motel/hotel, trailer park, or campgrounds due to lack of alternative accommodations
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters or are awaiting foster care placement
- Have a primary night time residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings, or
- Living in a car, park, public space, abandoned building, or bus or train station
Children who meet the federal definition of homeless will be provided a free appropriate public education in the same manner as all other students of the District.
Contact UsFor more information about services for homeless students and local resources, please contact Lake Park High School’s Homeless Liaisons:East Campus - Anthony Swope - (630) 295-5230 or firstname.lastname@example.orgWest Campus - Marta Hall - (630) 295-5330 or email@example.com